No. We will provide you health insurance for at least 14 days. Nomad will also evaluate on a case-by-case basis any further needs if the impact spans past 14 days. This policy does not apply if you are asked to self-quarantine due to personal travel.
Articles in this section
- I'm being asked to do something at my facility that I'm not comfortable with. What should I do?
- Since I am dealing with high risk COVID-19 patients in a stressful setting, will my pay increase?
- What if I’m required to be quarantined by the facility because of a potential exposure to COVID-19?
- Can I return to work after 14 days if I am asked to quarantine by the facility?
- I want to put in my 2 weeks notice and take a crisis rate job. Will there be any penalty from Nomad?
- There’s been a confirmed case at my facility and I am concerned. Who should I speak to?
- Will I lose benefits if I can no longer work due to contracting the Coronavirus?
- I am not on Nomad’s insurance, but with the Coronavirus I am getting very nervous. Can I please opt in?
- When traveling to my assignment, should I take an airplane/train or not?
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act Notice