All of our nurses are W-2 employees of Nomad Nurses Inc.. In addition to an industry-best pay scale, Nomad offers our nurses a highly attractive benefits package. This benefit package includes (but is not limited to) the following:
Licensing and certification reimbursement for Nomad jobs
Medical, dental, and vision plans
- All options are POS plans offered through United Healthcare available for you and your family. While we do provide a generous contribution to defray the cost of your premium, we do not assist with contributions for family members.
- Nomad offers three medical plans, as well as dental and vision coverage, all through United Healthcare. Coverage starts Day 1 of your assignment. You will have the opportunity to select your coverage plan about one week before your assignment starts. Your Nomad Navigator can share more specifics about the details.
- Up to $1,000 to help get you to your new assignment, based on your method of travel.
- This reimbursement is split in half and paid on your first paycheck as well as your last one after the assignment has been completed.
- At this time, we do not reimburse for moving or other related expenses to get to your assignment.
- Please note we do not reimburse for any trips taken back to your home at any point.
- Unless agreed upon prior to accepting an offer with Nomad, we do not reimburse for hospital parking costs.
24/7 Counseling Services
- This program offers unlimited, confidential telephone consultation 24/7, telemedicine visits with a mental health provider, and 3 in-person visits with a mental health provider. Additionally, legal and financial coaching is available to help manage through these difficult times.
- All nurses who have opted to enroll in a medical plan offered by Nomad are eligible for these services. All services are offered in partnership with United Healthcare.
COVID-19 Pay & Insurance Coverage
- Nurses who are eligible for coverage include those who have potentially been exposed to COVID-19 while on assignment for Nomad and are asked by their facility to be quarantined. This is not applicable if a nurse is asked to self-quarantine due to personal travel.
- Nurses will be eligible for up to 14 days Guaranteed Hours as set forth in your Placement Agreement. This also includes non-taxable stipend. Nurses will also be eligible for up to 14 days of non-taxable stipend as set forth in your Placement Agreement.
- For insurance benefits, Nomad will pay full premium of 1 additional month of health benefits as needed. These benefits can be extended if needed. Nomad will evaluate on a case-by-case basis any further needs if the impact spans past 14 days.
- Sick time incurred because of post-vaccination symptoms is not covered under this program. In preparation for your vaccine appointment, we recommend that you work with the schedule coordinator at your facility to accommodate down-time after vaccination, in case you experience symptoms that will impede your ability to work.