All of our nurses are W-2 employees of Nomad Nurses Inc. In addition to an industry-best pay scale, Nomad offers a highly attractive benefits package. This benefit package includes (but is not limited to) the following:
Licensing and certification reimbursement for Nomad jobs
Medical, dental, and vision plans
- All options are POS plans offered through United Healthcare available for you and your family. While we do provide a generous contribution with a lower premium, we do not assist with contributions for family members.
- Nomad offers three medical plans, as well as dental and vision coverage, all through United Healthcare. Coverage starts on Day 1 of your assignment. You will have the opportunity to select your coverage plan about one week before your assignment starts. Your Nomad Navigator can share more specifics about the details.
401(k) retirement plan
- You are eligible for a 401K plan starting on the first day of your assignment.
- Clinicians can enroll directly through Principal at principal.com/welcome.
- Non-stipend wages are eligible for a contribution, i.e. wages earned from time worked (or on call). Housing, meals and incidental per diem stipends are not eligible wages. However, you can contribute up to 100% of your eligible wages.
- You can change your contribution as frequently as you would like.
- Nomad offers an employer match for clinicians:
- Who have been with Nomad for at least 12 months and
- Have completed at least 1,000 service hours with Nomad.
- The 12-month period starts from your original assignment start date, so if you take breaks between assignments you will not be penalized.
- For qualifying clinicians, Nomad will match 50% of the first 3% of contributions per paycheck, and this employer match vests immediately.
- You will be reimbursed up to $1,000 to help get you to your new assignment, based on your method of travel.
- This reimbursement is split in half and paid on your first and last paycheck.
- At this time, we do not reimburse for moving or other related expenses to get to your assignment.
- We do not reimburse for any trips taken back to your home at any point.
- Unless agreed upon prior to accepting an offer with Nomad, we do not reimburse for hospital parking costs.
24/7 Counseling Services
- This program offers unlimited, confidential, and 24/7 telephone consultation telemedicine visits with a mental health provider as well as 3 in-person visits with a mental health provider. Additionally, legal and financial coaching is also available.
- All nurses who have opted to enroll in a medical plan offered by Nomad are eligible for these services. All services are offered in partnership with United Healthcare.